Current Available Positions
Click on an available position below to learn more.
IT and Web Specialist
IT and Web Specialist
Hours: Salaried Full-time
Duration: Employee at will
Estimated Start Date: On or after May 28, 2018
Location: Igniting Business – Kansas City office located in Lee’s Summit, MO
Description: Full-time IT and Web Specialist at Igniting Business
IT and Web Specialist Job Purpose: The specialist will provide technical support to the small business clients of Igniting Business. As a secondary role, the specialist will also provide certain aspects of web security and server management.
- Provide desktop support including basic networking, hardware and software installation, data and technology asset management, vendor supervision, and system troubleshooting.
- Assemble custom computers and install individual components.
- Perform audits/inventories of client’s existing technology.
- Implement and configure onsite servers, NAS, and networks.
- Prepare and send regular project updates to clients.
- Provide business consulting services for clients as it relates to IT and network infrastructure.
- Perform email setup and email migrations.
- Deploy Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Azure for remote backup.
- Provide web security on client sites.
- Troubleshoot website update conflicts on components and plugins.
- Perform web server management.
- Coordinate with server management and web security teams for advanced issue remediation.
- Arrange client meetings and communications as necessary.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors to maintain system stability and component purchases as necessary.
- Participate in ongoing training for professional and technical development.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Fluent in use of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and legacy Windows operating systems
- Experience with Mac OS and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Networking, Server, and Database Management
- 2+ years of experience in IT Field and/or Helpdesk role
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Background in customer service
- Disciplined in prioritization and time management
- Attentive to detail and organized to respond to multiple requests being simultaneously received
- Basic knowledge HTML and CSS
- Igniting Business offers a variety of benefits. As a small business, we are always continuing to evaluate benefit opportunities for our team members. As such, additional benefits will likely be added over time.
Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Three bonus opportunities (Performance-based, Certification-based, and Incentive Program)
- Access to software licenses that can be used on personal devices
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional training