Current Available Positions
Click on an available position below to learn more.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager
Hours: Salaried Full-time
Duration: Employee at will
Estimated Start Date: On or after July 23, 2018
Location: Igniting Business – Kansas City office located in Lee’s Summit, MO
Description: Full-time Search Engine Marketing Manager at Igniting Business
Search Engine Marketing Manager Job Purpose: The SEM Manager will oversee Search Engine Marketing efforts and provide SEO and online advertising services to the small business clients of Igniting Business. The SEM Manager will oversee the Web and Marketing Specialists and Analysts roles as it relates to servicing our clients’ SEO and online advertising needs.
- Oversee front-line staff for providing SEO and online advertising services.
- Perform and review ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Strategize, orchestrate, review, and implement client and internal SEO initiatives
- Provide business consulting services for clients as it relates to SEO and online advertising.
- Create and review performance of online marketing campaigns including Google AdWords, Facebook, and other targeted advertising and remarketing platforms.
- Review staff analysis of performance of online marketing campaign initiatives.
- Review staff content (copywriting) for client and Igniting Business needs.
- Recommend SEO and online advertising strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Prepare and send regular project updates to clients.
- Arrange and lead client meetings and communications as necessary.
- Monitor Igniting Business’s support system for client needs.
- Develop internal processes improvements with executive approval.
- Provide technical evaluation and performance feedback for direct reports.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors to maintain system stability and purchases as necessary.
- Participate in ongoing training for professional and technical development.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in SEO and/or online advertising
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Marketing, Journalism/Strategic Communications, IT, or Computer Science degree preferred (not required)
- Must currently possess or obtain Google AdWords Certification (AdWords Fundamentals and Search Advertising) within 30 days of hire date.
- Extensive understanding of Search Engines and SEO Tactics
- Advanced understanding of Google AdWords and Social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or LinkedIn) Ads
- Advanced understanding of at least one of the following SEO analysis platforms: Moz, Raven Tools, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, or BrightLocal
- Knowledge of Adobe products, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS (including HTML5 and CSS3)
- Extensive experience with one or more mainstream Content Management Systems (i.e. Drupal, WordPress, Joomla)
- Analyzing Information
- Informing Others
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Proofreading Skills
- Igniting Business offers a variety of benefits. As a small business, we are always continuing to evaluate benefit opportunities for our team members. As such, additional benefits will likely be added over time.
Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Three bonus opportunities (Performance-based, Certification-based, and Incentive Program)
- Access to software licenses that can be used on personal devices
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional training
Please submit a current resume and supporting documents via the Indeed Jobs platform - https://www.indeedjobs.com/igniting-business/jobs/7c1927fdf269d3c102a5
We also request a portfolio sample of your previous experience. Specifically, please provide the following examples:
- Three Websites with onsite and offsite SEO performed by you – provide recent key ranking statistics for the website and high-level list of optimizations performed
- Three Sample Online Ad Campaigns created by you (include copy, targeting settings, and creative if applicable) – indicate ad platform (Google AdWords, Facebook, etc)
- Client/company name can be anonymized.