Current Available Positions
To view details on a specific job listing, please click on the listing below for more information.
IT Manager - Columbia, MO Office
Hours: Salaried Full-time
Duration: Employee at will
Estimated Start Date: On or after October 2, 2017
Location: Igniting Business – Columbia, MO office
Description: Full-time IT Manager at Igniting Business
IT Manager Job Purpose: The IT Manager will oversee and provide technical support to the small business clients of Igniting Business. The IT Manager will oversee the IT Specialist and Analyst roles as it relates to servicing our clients’ technology needs. As a secondary role, the manager will also oversee certain aspects of web security and server management.
- Oversee front-line staff for client technology support.
- Prepare and send regular project updates to clients.
- Provide business consulting services for clients as it relates to IT and network infrastructure.
- Develop internal processes improvements with executive approval.
- Provide technical evaluation and performance feedback for direct reports.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Perform audits/inventories of client’s existing technology.
- Provide desktop support including basic networking, hardware and software installation, data and technology asset management, vendor supervision, and system troubleshooting.
- Assemble custom computers and install individual components.
- Implement and configure onsite servers, NAS, and networks
- Supervise and supplement email setup and email migrations.
- Deploy Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Azure for remote backup.
- Oversee web security on client sites.
- Perform web server management.
- Arrange client meetings and communications as necessary.
- Monitor Igniting Business’s support system for client needs.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors to maintain system stability and component purchases as necessary
- Participate in ongoing training for professional and technical development.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in IT field
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- IT or Computer Science degree preferred (not required)
- Extensive desktop support experience
- Must currently possess or obtain CompTIA A+ certification within 3 months of hire date
- Fluent in use of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and legacy Windows operating systems
- Experience with Mac OS and Linux operating systems
- Advanced Knowledge of Networking, Server, and Database Management
- Disciplined in prioritization and time management
- Attentive to detail and organized to respond to multiple requests being simultaneously received
- Basic knowledge HTML and CSS
Igniting Business offers a variety of benefits. As a small business, we are always continuing to evaluate benefit opportunities for our team members. As such, additional benefits will likely be added over time.
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Three bonus opportunities (Performance-based, Certification-based, and Incentive Program)
- Access to software licenses that can be used on personal devices
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional training