6 Types of Blog Topics for Small Businesses
Recently we wrote a blog on why your small business should have a blog. One of the challenges many small businesses have is finding inspiration for what to write about. We've compiled a list of 6 different types of blogs that we have found to be successful:
- Tips and Tricks – As you provide tips, tricks, and tools to your clients that save them time or money, they will see you as a valuable resource. Tips and tools are often shared between friends and family, which leads to higher visibility.
- Industry or Community News – Provide insight into a hot topic in your industry. Consider covering a local event from your perspective. Potential customers appreciate a company who is both involved in giving back to their community and is up-to-date on the latest industry trends.
- Product Review/Case Study – Share your experience with a product or present a case study on how your services impacted a business or consumer. Keep in mind that you must be clear what is opinion and what is evidence based. To add another twist, consider using a compare and contrast style when looking at multiple products or services.
- How To's and Guides – Take advantage of search engines like Google serving as the one-stop shop for individuals to look up their how-to questions. Consider a problem that your customer might be facing, and type up an informative step-by-step guide on how to resolve that issue. When you serve as a resource for your customer base for entry-level issues, they will come back to you with more complex problems they face.
- Company News – Use your blog to introduce new team members, company and employee achievements, or upcoming sales. By involving your readers in the happenings of your small business, they will feel more connected to your brand.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Look to your customers for inspiration! If one customer asks a question about your service or the industry, most likely ten more have the same question and are searching for an answer. Take your customer's question and turn your answer into a blog post.
An infinite amount of possibilities are available for your blog. Have you used any of the 6 above? Feel free to share the types of blogs you have found to be successful in the comment section below.