How to Verify a Small Business Page on Facebook
If your small business has a company Facebook page, it is extremely important that the page is verified. Having a verified page let’s your viewers know that your Facebook page is a trustworthy page. If you haven't already looked into how to do this or you just don't know where to start, we’re here to help make sure your Facebook page is properly verified!
There are two ways to get your page verified according to Facebook's Help Center. You can verify it by phone or with documents.
To verify your page by phone:
- Go to your Facebook company profile page and click on “Settings,” which is located at the top right of the page.
- When you click Settings it will take you directly to the “General” tab. Click on “Page Verification” to edit.
- Click “Verify this Page,” then “Get Started.”
- Type in your business's phone number, the country you're in and the appropriate language.
- Next, click “Call Me Now” and Facebook will then call you with your verification code. Make sure you have a pen and paper handy!
- Type the code and click “Continue.”
To verify your page with documents:
According to the Facebook Help Center, you’ll need a business document. Once you have that, just follow the same sequence of steps you would to verify by phone. You'll just have to "click Verify this Page with documents instead” at the bottom left of the window that appears. Next you’ll upload a picture of an official document that shows your business' name and address.
Once Facebook verifies your company page, you’ll see a check mark located next to your name on your profile.
For more details on verifying your company Facebook page and why it’s so important, contact our marketing team today!