5 of Our Favorite Marketing Blogs and Why
Blogging is no longer just for individuals to write about their travels and thoughts, but is now best known for leading industry experts to share relevant and informative information to the internet world. In fact, there are plenty of blogs out there that are all about marketing for your business.
Here's a list featuring five of our favorite marketing blogs and why:
- HubSpot: According to their main website, Hubspot was founded in 2006 by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. They are all about the "inbound experience" and hope customers can master inbound marketing through the apps they offer. The Hubspot blog has three main categories in marketing, sales and agency with a plethora of inbound marketing topics such as blogging, podcasts, content marketing and inbound sales. It gives readers the inbound marketing experience Hubspot has set out to do and why it's one of our favorite marketing blogs.
- Entrepreneur: Though Entrepreneur brands itself as a magazine according to the company's LinkedIn page, it's still considered one of our favorite marketing blogs. As its name suggests, Entrepreneur focuses on small businesses and best practices on how to run and manage them. Its articles discuss everything from starting a business, to financing and marketing and branding through social media. Its ability to cover various aspects of business makes this blog a must-visit for current and prospective entrepreneurs.
- Social Media Examiner: According to the company's website, Social Media Examiner is "the world’s largest social media marketing resource... [It] helps millions of businesses discover how to best use social media to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness and increase sales." With social media continually growing, evolving and becoming quite the marketing tool, this blog is one of our top favorites. Not only are there blog entries discussing hot topics like Google Analytics or Facebook Live Videos, but Social Media Examiner also hosts two free regular podcasts on social media content and marketing.
- Adobe Digital Marketing Blog: Many of us in the marketing and design world have utilized Adobe software such as Photoshop and InDesign. If you want to know more about the goings-on of Adobe, visit their digital marketing blog and click on "Adobe Summit," at the top of the website, which is an annual conference Adobe puts on that took place last month. You'll find articles updating you on Adobe's latest projects, such as Adobe Target, discussed in this post. In addition to being in-the-know with Adobe, you can read articles on various marketing topics such as personalization, email marketing, mobile and more, but keeping up with Adobe is what makes this blog a favorite.
- Search Engine Watch: SEW provides tips and information about searching the web, analyzing the search engine industry and helping site owners improve their ability to be found in search engines. The encouragement to post comments, join in on conversations and further discuss topics with other readers is a huge benefit and quality of SEW. With categories ranging from SEO, PPC, Social Media, Mobile, Video and more, Search Engine Watch is a highly mixed and informative resource.
What are your favorite marketing blogs? Contact us for more information on our top five favorite marketing blogs, or if you’re curious about our favorite web and tech blogs. Note that if you come across any great ideas on these marketing blogs and are unsure of how to take the next steps to implement, we would be happy to help!