Using LinkedIn to Prospect
While LinkedIn is widely known as a place to store your resume or connect with friends, family and co-workers, it's also useful for businesses. In addition to getting traffic to your company’s page, you can also utilize LinkedIn to prospect for new customers and clients.
Here are a few resourceful ways you can be using LinkedIn.
1. Reach out to your connections. On LinkedIn, you have both first and second degree connections. Social Media Examiner explains first degree connections as those you directly connected with, and second degree connections being those who are connected to your first degree connections. Spend time getting closer to your first degree connections if you haven't already. Your next steps should be:
- Connect with your prospects.
- Message your potential clients or use InMail. Discuss something related to your business or niche. Don’t forget to add a call-to-action at the end of your initial messages, informing them they can reach out with any questions or even for a free consultation.
- Offer up a time where you can meet face-to-face or for a Skype video meeting to get to know each other and discuss your services. This strategy let’s your prospects know you’re a trustworthy and reliable company to do business with.
2. Take advantage of LinkedIn groups. According to Salesforce, LinkedIn groups are a good way to find new prospects. You can see their full names and learn more about their company. Becoming a member of that group gives you a chance to gain new connections as a result.
3. Prospect with your profile. Making your LinkedIn profile the best professional representation of yourself and your business is a great way to attract other to you. Make sure your profile is completely up-to-date, features the links to your business's website and company social media accounts, has a professional profile picture (perhaps a headshot) includes quality recommendations and testimonials – specifically from existing happy customers (don’t forget that quality is better than quantity). This will give visitors a better idea of what you’re like as a person, and why your company is one-of-a-kind.
It’s critical small businesses utilize social media in a rewarding and beneficial manner. Contact us for more information on using LinkedIn to attract new customers, keep existing customers engaged, and more!