4 Latest Digital Marketing Trends for 2023
Digital marketing is an effective way for small businesses to reach current and potential customers, increase traffic, and boost sales. As technology and customer purchasing trends continue to evolve, so too should your small business online marketing strategy. Keep reading to discover several online marketing trends we expect to see more of in 2023 and how implementing these trends into your small business marketing strategy can help put your small business ahead of the competition!
1. More Personalized Marketing
Digital marketing is one of the most popular methods for businesses to reach their intended audience and increase brand awareness. However, with the influx of numerous marketing messages consumers receive from multiple companies at any given time, it can be difficult to stand out.
With today’s technology, it is easier than ever to gather consumer data and create highly personalized online marketing campaigns that focus on the interests and needs of each individual customer. In 2023, individualized marketing will continue to be a popular and effective marketing trend.
To get started with personalized marketing check out a few of the tools listed below that we personally use at Igniting Business every day:
- Zoho CRM - To create personalized marketing, it’s important to consolidate the data you have on your customers in a centralized system. We recommend using a robust CRM where you can gather relevant data and integrate it with third-party platforms. Check out Zoho CRM’s robust features and integrations.
- Zoho PageSense – Zoho PageSense is a powerful tool that helps you understand your visitors’ actions, optimize your website for conversions, and serve personalized content based on behaviors and user groups. Try Zoho PageSense for free.
- MailChimp – Email marketing is a perfect opportunity for personalization! If you’re already sending messages and newsletters to your customers, why not make them more personalized? Use MailChimp to craft email marketing campaigns and introduce personalization based on user behavior and interests. Sign up for a free MailChimp account.
2. Integrated Use of Machine Learning and AI
Artificial intelligence and machine learning power the digital marketing world, with AI now being integrated into almost every online marketing channel. This technology enables companies to automate customer segmentation, campaign management, and lead generation tasks. AI and machine learning can also help to generate more personalized marketing campaigns for a more effective online marketing strategy. Additionally, AI in the form of ChatBots can serve as the first line of customer service, answering common questions and directing visitors to various resources.
In 2023, the use of AI and machine learning will continue to grow, helping businesses solve increasingly complex marketing problems.
3. Increased Focus on Customer Experience
A seamless customer experience is crucial for every business to maintain. It influences the number of return customers, customer referrals, and other business growth factors. In addition, due to new technologies, customers have more expectations of their experience with different brands. In 2023, it will be increasingly important for small businesses to focus on ensuring an enjoyable and seamless customer experience throughout every step of the customer journey.
We recommend utilizing a conversation rate optimization (CRO) tool to view customer screen recordings, heatmaps, and run experiments and A/B tests on your website. One of the most affordable solutions that we have used at Igniting Business and for our clients is called Zoho PageSense, which even has a free plan for small businesses.
4. Targeted Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is a form of social media marketing in which small businesses collaborate with targeted social media users who have a large, relevant following to boost their brand and/or products. If you select an ideal influencer, this online marketing tactic can effectively reach many potential customers and increases brand awareness through social content. Additionally, platforms designed to connect brands with relevant influencers are popping up every day, making it easier than ever to find an influencer who regularly reaches your target market.
Having been on the rise for the last several years, influencer marketing will likely continue to grow in popularity in 2023.
Contact Our Marketing Strategy Professionals
Keeping up with online marketing trends is crucial for every business today. At Igniting Business, we help small businesses thrive through effective marketing strategies. For more information about rising marketing trends, subscribe to our newsletter! To learn more about our online marketing strategy development services, contact us today!
At no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click on some of the links on this website and make a purchase.